Specialist in Japanese Immigration


Part-time Work Permit

Dependent visa holders can NOT work in Japan unless obtaining a work permit.
If you want to work on a full-time basis, you need to change your visa status from dependent to an appropriate working visa status.

However, if you want to work on a part-time basis, you can obtain a simple part-time work permit.
Conditions of getting this part-time work permit are;

  • 1) keeping your family relationship
  • 2) working at most 28 hours per week, and
  • 3) not getting involved in any illegal work or any sex-related industries and other industries controlled by the Entertainment Establishments Control Law.

How to apply for this work permit?
First of all, get an application form here.
Fill out the form and go to the immigration office that has jurisdiction over your residence.

You should obtain this work permit before you actually start working.
You can apply even before you start looking for a job.
In this case, just write "Not Decided" or "Undecided" in the column of "Place of Employment".

Part-time work permit is valid until the expiry date of your visa status.
So, do not forget to apply for a part-time work permit at the same time you apply for visa extension.

powered by Quick Homepage Maker 5.0
based on PukiWiki 1.4.7 License is GPL. QHM

最新の更新 RSS  Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional